- Look up the homepage of the computing center
(http://www.tu-harburg.de/rzt/) and browse through some of
its pages, according to your interests. (Sorry: they are in
German.) Try to answer the following questions:
- What courses are offered by the computing center in this semester?
- What can you do, if you have forgotten your password?
- How can you publish your own homepage?
- What kind of media formats are supported by your browser? Find
documents containing such media and look at them. (Many examples
Install a plugin for a media type that your browser doesn't
support yet (e.g. quicktime).
- Configure the Netscape browser for email. Send a little note to
your neighbour, with a copy to another one. Reply to a mail you
received and forward it to me (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Configure netscape for news. Subscribe to some newsgroups that
interest you, and read some of its articles. (Example:
- Use ftp to get the emacs manual from
ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/doc/ and have a quick look at it.
- Find information about the African Clawed Frog.
- Create a simple personal homepage. Load it into your browser to
control the result.
Peter Junglas 8.3.2000