- Modern simulation programs
- graphical user interface
- large block libraries
- basic handling almost identical
- different modeling paradigms, e.g.
- signal oriented (Simulink)
- physical modeling/Modelica (Dymola)
- Discrete Modeling in Simulink and Modelica
- basic features implemented
- additional libraries for state machines and
process based models
- basic blocks look very similar,
e.g. UnitDelay or Memory/Pre
- models can behave quite differently!
- example: simulation of digital circuits
- needs thorough understanding of internals