- Use the editor to write a simple letter and save it as letter.txt.
Duplicate one of its paragraphs using Cut and Paste.
Replace all appearances of the word ``and'' by ``+''.
- Load the example text monty.txt into Word and format it like
in the Word example image. Save the result as monty.doc.
- Print monty.doc on a colour printer.
- Get the LATEX demo example, create a dvi and a ps
file. Control the result with ghostview, before sending it
to a (black and white) printer.
- Open a new Excel spreadsheet and type in the values of the Month, Income and Spent columns from the Excel example
image. Use the Excel functions to create the other columns and
rows, including the graph.
Peter Junglas 8.3.2000